In one of the most heart wrenching svn commits I've ever made, I removed the 1.6 dependency from gosling. ;) As I outline here, most of this started out as an excuse to play with 1.6. But that dependency, will limit gosling's adoption for the next few years so I decided to remove it. I'm not doing any 1.6 based projects either so the likelihood of using my own tool was pretty limited. And that's a shame, because that API makes it very, very clean. The ant approach is not very clean or fun to read through but that's what I'm using at the moment. Once the open sourcing of 1.6 is done, I'll look into backporting that API if the licensing permits that. It's just too convenient.
So now that that's out of the way, I can focus on things like building a formal binary distribution and rounding out the available task list. I'll start entering tickets into the tracker for those curious enough to follow along. I'd really like to get to the dependency resolution but I think some of these basic tasks should take precedence.
If you've held off from trying gosling because of the 1.6 requirement, now you don't have to. I'd love to hear what you think.